5 Tips to Survive Halloween
Dreading Halloween this week and the onslaught of candy and sugary treats everywhere?
Honestly, me too! I hate all the temptation all around. Sometimes I can withstand it and other times I cave (which normally isn't just one piece of candy...).
So, here are 5 tips to help get you though this week, and, most importantly, Halloween Day:
1. Stay Hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water all day, every day. If your tummy is full of water, you'll be less likely to eat a lot of junk.
2. Make a Plan. Plan out your meals and prep them so they are ready to go without any extra thinking or time. You'll be more likely to eat right and avoid overeating on treats if your tummy is full and satiated.
3. Eat a rainbow and all the food groups. Fill your body with nutrients from fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans and legumes, lean protein, and some healthy fats. This will keep you fuller longer and satiated so your physical cravings (and hopefully emotional cravings)
4. Exercise/Move every single day. This can be as simple as taking a walk every day or hitting up your favorite classes at the gym. The plan below is what we are doing at my gym every morning, so follow along! You'll be sure to get a great workout in every day if you do!
5. Get plenty of ZZZ's. Getting 6-9 hours of good, quality sleep each night can help reduce energy dips and cravings for sugar and quick pick-me-ups. So get to bed on time to help ward off those cravings!
How do you avoid the holiday pitfalls? Comment below!
Monday: Lower Body Blast #8
Tuesday: Cardi Party #1
Wednesday: Water Bottle Arm Workout
Thursday: Sevens #9
Friday: 30/30 Workout
Saturday: 12 Minute Jump Rope OR get outside and enjoy a 30+ minute workout doing something you love!