IT'S CHALLENGE TIME!!!
Have you ever stopped and looked at your life and wondered, "How did I get here???"
"I never used to do (fill in the blank)!"
"I was always skinny as a kid."
Well, now it's time to change! Look at that habit/circumstance, laugh about it, and resolve to make a plan to change it! Stop wondering "what happened" and MAKE things happen!!
We all have different goals- more firm arms/legs/abs; increased endurance to run a race; better eating habits; lose "x" pounds; quit sugar; kick that soda habit; etc.
So, here's the deal.
My birthday is coming up in 7 weeks, and I want to give one of my friends/readers a present - one of my all-time favorite things! But the prize is a secret. And I may or may not have some runner-up prizes as well... Because, ya know, it's my birthday and giving is FUN!!!
Actually, seeing you all make progress towards/nail your goals is even MORE FUN!!!
Here's how to enter:
1. Think about ONE health/fitness goal you want to achieve by Oct. 9th.
2. Write it down.
3. Write down 3 affirmations that you'll say DAILY to achieve that goal.
4. Write down your action plan of HOW you are going to achieve that goal, including weekly benchmarks to gauge your progress.
5. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me all of the above.
6. Check in with me weekly via email and give me a progress report.
7. Give a final progress report (Oct 9-10), including any race results, progress pictures, measurements, or any evidence-based results you were able to achieve. It's totally ok if you don't have any "hard evidence," but this is a great way to help you (and me) see your progress from start to finish.
8. Bonus points for sharing this challenge. Share this blog post or my social media posts and post your goal and progress on your own social media platforms. Make sure to tag me @6packguineapigs . You'll get 1 point for each person who joins the challenge because of you (make sure they mention your name when they email me).
Ready to get started?
Pick a GOAL!
For instance, maybe you want to run a fall 5K or 10K.
-Pick a race and mark the date in your calendar.
-Choose some affirmations that "speak" to you, such as:
Running makes me feel alive.
I am strong and capable of running a 5K on (date).
I can handle this. I can do this.
I am strong.
I am full of energy.
I look forward to my daily runs.
I am running faster.
I am powerful.
I am relaxed and focused.
I feel light and free.
(If you can't think of affirmations, google your goal for ideas.)
-Write or find a training plan that works for you.
-Email me with a weekly progress report and let me know if you were able to complete the runs/workouts, how you felt, etc. I'll be your cheerleader!
-Email me wit
-Share this challenge and your progress on your social media and tag me @6packguineapigs
I'll keep track of points and whoever scores the most points, based on your own consistency and your outcome, will be the winner. Obviously, this is all going to be on the honor code, so please be honest! This is meant to help inspire you to be your BEST self and prove to yourself that you CAN do great things!
Are you IN? Let me know!!!